Thursday, November 16, 2006

Whisperers in Town


Whisper Marketing is the new buzz word in the marketing world. A great post from Russell's planning blog. More examples can be found here.

I am trying to understand the mechanism myself, so can't comment much on the same. What I failed to understand is, how different is it from WOM or Buzz Marketing. Indians are the talkative types, so WOM at some level makes sense as a marketing tool. Atleast in rural India it will work very well, I personally feel.

Anyways, I am in a thinking mode of real examples of WOM & Buzz Creation for brands in the Indian context. It would be great to discuss about the same and how this funky tools can help Indian brands move to the next level. Hopefully, I'll try to post some of my thoughts over the weekend.

In the meantime, if any of you reading this post has an idea or an example, simply SHOOT!!

No comments: